5 Questions with Joshua from iUpgrade.me
In this edition of 5 Questions, we feature Joshua from iUpgrade.me. In his own words, here is 4HB'er Joshua:
Joshua Cork is a Father, Husband, Fitness Gadget Geek, and Information Systems Evangelist. He is currently working for Intel corporation as a business intelligence manager in the supply chain. Josh also moonlights as a blogger & aspiring entrepreneur. You can follow or
contact Joshua here: about.me/JoshuaCork.
1) What goals are you working towards on the 4HB program?
2a) How’s my progress so far?
2b) What’s been your biggest challenge?
- Having said the above about my progress.... I got complacent, everyone was telling me how good I looked, and how well I was doing and I was feeling great. This has been my biggest challenge, to continue pushing forward and not being happy with where I’m at. If you look at the data I started drifting about May 7th, I weighed in at 234.4 that morning (the morning of my cheat day)... fast forward 3 whole months later and I weighed in at 234.6 - not the kind of progress I should be satisfied with. Coincidentally the last time I did the bodpod was May 7th... I think there’s a correlation there. :) Moving forward I’m taking actions to correct my lack of progress and I’m trying to keep my over-arching goal in mind.
3) What’s one tip that you would share with someone who’s just starting the program?
If you’re failing to plan then you’re planning to fail.... have a plan to implement the ideas in the book for your specific goals and don’t deviate from that plan. You need to use the methods outlined as your baseline, from there make small adjustments and in the spirit of the book experiment and find out what works well for you. Remember part of what Tim outlines in the book that should be part of your initial plan is to measure baseline data... don’t forget to do that. Ultimately you cannot improve that which you don’t measure, so spend some time and resources to get that good baseline from which you can measure your progress. - Is that cheating... did I just combine two tips in one? Perhaps. :)
4) What is your favourite cheat day food?Oh man, this is a really tough question. It’s a toss up between a secret family recipe for Mac & Cheese and these delicious, melt in your mouth, garlic cheese bread appetizers we get from The Keg.
5) Who is another 4HB blogger you think our readers should know about?Hmm... most of the folks that are in my sphere you’ve already listed on your site. Here’s some folks I would reccomend checking out:
- http://twitter.com/#!/justhamade (editor's note: also found in a guest post on changing your life here.)
- http://twitter.com/#!/FMFBlogger (editor's note: also featured in a previous 5 Questions here and a guest post on the cheat sheet here.)
permalink | ← Next Post | Previous Post →