Previously in 5 Questions, Jason Jacobs answered question #5 by directing us to William Hertling. In his own words, here's 4HB'er William Hertling.
"I'm a web strategist and developer for Hewlett-Packard by day, and a science fiction writer by night. (I'm currently working on my second novel about artificial intelligence.) I'm also the dad of three young kids."
1) What goals are you working towards on the 4HB program?
A couple of months ago, I learned that I was right on the threshold of my weight being a risk for developing heart disease. I have three small kids, and so I was really motivated to reduce my health risk. After all, I want to be alive to see them grow up. My goals are to drop 30 pounds and fit into smaller clothes.
2) How is your progress so far, what have you found easy, and what has been your biggest challenge?
I lost 13.6 pounds in my first 28 days, as I detailed here
. The biggest challenge in the first two weeks was resisting sweets. I thought about them compulsively all day long. That's faded, but now the biggest challenge is sticking with the slow carb diet when I'm away from home and have limited food choices.
3) What’s one tip that you would share with someone who’s just starting the program?
Stick very closely to the diet portion, because even a tiny amount of carbs on a given day seems to negate any weight loss for that day.
4) What is your favourite cheat day food?
Ice cream. And lots of it. With chocolate chips.
5) Who is another 4HB blogger you think our readers should know about?
I'm a big fan of the community at 4hbtalk, which is developing really quickly into a great place to find and exchange information. I'd love to see an interview with whomever started the community.